Introduction to Data Protection for beginners.
The Data Protection Act 2019 was legislated into law in November 2019, with wide ranging implications for any organisation that processes personal data.The four key underlying foundations of the Data Protection law are based on:
- Fair and proper use of personal information
- Constitutional right to privacy
- To remove barriers to national and international trade and co-operation
- Organisational reputation and trust
The law applies to any organisation, with a few exceptions irrespective of size or nature of business, which processes personal data. It covers customers, suppliers, employees and any person whose personal data is processed. Failure to adhere to the data protection laws attract eye-watering fines whether the entity is a national company or an an international company processing and transferring personal data across national borders.
Introduction to Data Protection is for anyone unfamiliar with the Data Protection Act and Regulations. Throughout the training there are practical tips and guidance. The practical guidance can immediately be implemented by any organisation in its daily work and personal data complaince practices. If the organisation is an international company, the training will cover data protection practices in different jurisdictions.
Introduction to Data Protection will cover:
- Overview of the Data Protection Act
- Data Controller and Data Processor – rights, responsibilities and relationship
- Principles of Data Protection
- Lawful basis for processing data for marketing purposes
- Individual (Data Subject) rights
- International Data Transfers
- Enforcement and breach notifications
- Office of the Data Protection Commissioner
If you require bespoke data protection training for your organisation, please contact me and I will be happy to design a suitable, tailor made program.
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales (practicing freelance)
- Certified International Privacy Professional-Europe (CIPP/E)
- Corporate Governance Professional (ICSA – UK)
- Certified Company Secretary (Kenya)
- Commissioner for Oaths and Notary Public